JOIN US IN RWANDA!
Dates: February 7-20, 2019
Registration Deadline: October 15, 2018
Our Vision Trips give you the opportunity to meaningfully encounter Rwanda, to engage with its people, culture, and story, and to experience Wellspring’s work, our team, and those we serve, in person. Some of the trip highlights include:
- A trip to Akagera National Park to view Rwandan wildlife
- Experiencing a day in the life of rural Rwandans at Azizi Life
- Engaging with teachers and students at the Wellspring Academy
- Visiting with Wellspring Trainers to Rwandan schools to hear first-hand from the teachers, leaders, parents, and students we serve
- Gaining a deeper insight into Rwanda’s past at the Kigali Genocide Memorial
- Interacting with inspiring Rwandan leaders who are shaping the country’s future
- Relaxing at the beautiful Lake Kivu
- You can also add a trip extension (at an additional cost of approximately $2,200 CAD) to see Rwanda’s famous Mountain Gorillas
The budget for the Vision Trip is $4,200 CAD per participant. This includes flights, accommodation (based on double occupancy), transportation, food, and related program costs, all booked by Wellspring. This does not include optional extension trips, Rwandan visas, immunizations, medications, and health insurance.
Wellspring reserves the right to cancel the trip.
- October 15 – registration deadline: $700 due
- November 1 – an additional $2,000 due
- December 1 – final payment of $1,500 due
The registration deadline for our 2019 Vision Trip is October 15.
The budget for the Wellspring Vision Trip is $4200 CAD per member for the basic itinerary. This includes flights, accommodations (based on double occupancy), transportation, food, and related program costs, all booked by Wellspring. The basic itinerary does not include optional extension trips, Rwandan visas, immunizations, medications and health insurance.
Wellspring reserves the right to deny a person to participate at any time. This is highly unlikely, but due to the nature of the trip possible reasons for denial could include personal issues, personal health challenges, lack of program finances, or any other reason deemed harmful to the team or to the participant. Wellspring leadership will process the decision with the individual.
Wellspring requires that the designated amount of funds be raised as per the deadline dates as stated above and on the registration form.
Wellspring is only responsible for participants during the actual core program. If the participant arrives earlier or stays later than the core dates they will have to make their own arrangements for food lodging and travel. Any cost incurred by the participant outside of the core trip will not be eligible to be receipted for tax purposes.
Contributions to the Vision Trip are considered to be donations and therefore cannot be returned for any reason. As a Vision Trip participant, you and other supporters will be making a donation to the team funds required to meet the budget of the Vision Trip program. All donations must indicate that their contribution is for the Vision Trip Program. The Canada Revenue Agency rules state that no charitable donations may be refunded for any reason. Please be aware of this as you manage and submit team support. It is important to remember that donors are not giving to specific trip participants, but rather to the Wellspring Program so that it may pursue its charitable purpose and objectives.
For more information, please contact Kristie Voth at firstname.lastname@example.org / 604 371 2705 ext. 206.